Life on the Road

Monday, June 02, 2008

In Juneau I had the opportunity to go on a three hour cattamaran ride through the waters. It's one of the best tours I've ever done...here are some of my favortie pictures out of the hundreds that I took...

This is the head of a humpback whale that was hanging out on the water...notice all of his nobbins:)

Our tour was extremely lucky and came across a pod of about 15 orca whales. They put on quite a show for us for about 30 minutes.
I was able to take so many pictures of not just the whales, but of the whales against a beautiful back drop!
The pod had one bull (head male), some females, some juveniles, and even some babies.
Like I said, the orcas put on quite a show of breeching (jumping out of the water), tail slaps (like above), and pec slaps (side fins). I'll try to put a video up on youtube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home