Life on the Road

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Week Two: Charter Cruise = Vacation!

Our second week of the cruise was a charter cruise. Charter cruises are great because they usually bring their own entertainment, which pretty much means vacation for the cast. Our charter was the Rosie O’Donnell r Family Vacations cruise. They cater to LGB families…so we had lots of kids on board (a very odd thing to see on Holland America cruises). We also had TONS of Broadway talent and other talent on board to entertain. It was amazing to see Soshana Bean perform Defying Gravity! The comedians were also pretty funny!
I had IPM two of the three ports that week (in port manning, IPM, means you have to stay on the ship for safety reasons…in case of an emergency I’ve been trained to help). But I did get to enjoy Cabo San Lucas…just sat on the beach. Mexico’s been a little crazy because of spring breaks…I’ve seen a few too many high schoolers and college students. I also had library duty…not the greatest job in the world, but it doesn’t totally stink, gives me time to write blogs, emails, and read.
The only job the cast really had was Master Chef…ugh. This is where we do a little dance with the dining stewards in the large dining room on the last night of the cruise. An interesting concept that can’t really reach it’s potential for multiple reasons, the biggest one being that the design of the dining room hurts the performance instead of enhancing. I try to have fun and think of other things, but if you ever want to send a little prayer my way on Thursday evenings from 5-10pm west coast time, I’ll take it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home